Updating bugs with SourceOffSite Collab 1.1.2

If you are having a problem using Collab, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:30 pm
Hi, we've been using this software for some time now for logging in bugs, change requests and there's never been a problem.

Recently we have encountered persistent errors in the system and it occurs mainly when you create or update a bug (or SOS). When the submit button is clicked, the system seems to hang for a couple of minutes and finally the page:

http://............./actionModBug.gig appears with the following message:

[[Giglet Error at C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite Collab Servers\Data\Scripts/actionModBug.gig line 42 :: TypeError: m has no properties]]

At this point it is almost certain when the action that was taken (i.e. when the SUBMIT button was pressed) the SOS entry does get updated.

This has never occured before. SQLServer seems to be working normally and I can't detect any errors in the logs or in the SOS logs.

I would appreciate some help.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:06 am
We've had a couple of reports of this before. It generally means there some interruption in the sequence of events that it takes to update a bug.

The fundamental error is that the client didn't receive all the necessary data from the server to generate the page.

It could mean the Web Server isn't connecting to the Primary Server. Or there could be a problem communicating with SQL Server -- a timeout perhaps.

Please send me a copy of the sosce_config.xml file located in the SOS CE Server Directory of the machine where SOS CE is installed, and we'll see what the problem is.

Send it to support at sourcegear.com ATTN Linda.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:46 pm
I'd also like to see your log files:
sosce_log.txt and sosceweb_log.txt from C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite Collab Servers\Logs.

Send to support at sourcegear.com ATTN Linda and put this number in curly brackets at the end of the subject line: {60942}
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Return to Support (Collab)