File status & change set not updating after commit

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

arden_dan

File status & change set not updating after commit

Post by arden_dan » Thu May 13, 2004 9:09 am

Unfortunately don't have a guaranteed way to repeat this yet, nor is there anything in the server log.. though I'm only running it in Quiet mode at the moment.

User has several files checked-out and edited, ready for check-in.
Selects all files from the change set, and commits.
Commit dialog appears, enters a comment and ok.
Transaction completes ok.

Change set still contains files that have just been committed, and file list in source tree shows files as still checked out.
A diff operation shows that the checked-out files are identical to the working version, and a history shows that they have actually been checked-in ok.

The only way to rectify the change set and file list status is to disconnect and reconnect, at which point the change set appears empty as expected and the checked-out status of files is correct.

I've seen this with two different users today, both were checking in 10 or more files to multiple sub-folders.

Sorry I don't have much more useful info, I've changed the server logging to debug, I'll post a log next time it happens. Though I'm not sure if it's something clientside.

Thanks.

System Info:
2.0.2 Server running on Win 2003 Standard
2.0.2 Clients running XP SP1

dan

Post by dan » Thu May 13, 2004 9:58 am

Just to verify: This is the GUI client and not the IDE client?

arden_dan

Post by arden_dan » Thu May 13, 2004 11:17 am

Sorry should have mentioned that.. yes it is the GUI Client.

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Thu May 13, 2004 4:02 pm

It sounds like it may be a problem with the server sending the correct checkout list changes (a list of adds and a list of removes) after the checkin is completed. When you login in again, the whole list is always transferred (not changes list), and that is less likely to have problems.

When it happens, does a refresh or other operation (perhaps checking out another unrelated file) cause things to "catch-up" and work correctly from then on? Or does the file stay incorrectly marked as "checked out" in the repository explorer file list after another operation?
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`

arden_dan

Post by arden_dan » Fri May 14, 2004 3:08 am

We tried various combinations of history, diff and refresh, none of which caused the display to correctly update..

I wasn't sure about doing anything more serious, just in case there was a risk it would upset the database.. perhaps that's just old VSS nerves :)

I'm not really worried about this, there's no data loss involved so I'm happy to just wait for it to happen again and see if I can provide you with some more detailed information.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri May 14, 2004 7:54 am

do you have folder security enabled or disabled?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri May 14, 2004 7:56 am

One other question to ask? Were the files also checked out by other users, or were the files checked out by only the one person?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

arden_dan

Post by arden_dan » Fri May 14, 2004 8:24 am

Yes we do have folder security enabled. The files were only checked out to one person, although we don't require exclusive locks on this particular repository.