4.1.1 Issues

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

chris.bradley

4.1.1 Issues

Post by chris.bradley » Fri May 16, 2008 1:32 pm

Ever since we upgraded to 4.1.0 and started using the vault VSIP client we've been having some really frustrating issues with the Visual Studio integration. Not sure if they're related or not but here we go.

The first issue is when we attempt to do a checkin with some adds and edits. Half the time this freezes Visual Studio with the "Ending Transaction" Vault window up on the screen. We then have to kill devenv.exe, and attempt to "fix" stuff in the Vault Gui Client. Nothing gets logged in the VaultVsipClient.txt file but I have noticed that we get some kind of mutex error in the VaultGuiClient.txt IF it's running when this occurs. Details in the attached log file.

The second issue is when we attempt to add files to vault. I'm not sure if it's related to our first issue but basically vault/visual studio get into a strange spot where vault thinks the file has been added but visual studio and the pending checkin list think it hasn't. The transaction errors out with some error about that object already having an id in the vault database. Again, more details in the log file.

Can someone please do some digging on this? Before 4.1.0 and the VSIP client I never had a single issue with Vault but with this popping up every time we add files we're all getting extremely frustrated.

Chris
Attachments
VaultErrors.txt
(24.62 KiB) Downloaded 1495 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri May 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Sorry about the difficulty you're experiencing.

What version of Visual Studio are you using?

We'd like to see a copy of the Vault server log file for the time period covered in the Visual Studio log.

Email it to support at sourcegear.com , Attn: Linda
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager