Shadow folders now requires target dir to exist

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

davenovak

Shadow folders now requires target dir to exist

Post by davenovak » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:20 pm

I have just upgraded to Vault 4.1.2 from Vault 3.5.2. One of the subtle differences between 3.5.2 and 4.1.2 is shadow folder behavior when setting up a New Shadow Folder and the specified shadow folder target directory does not already exist. Under the new version of Vault, I get the following error if the target directory does not already exist:

Code: Select all

An error occurred adding the shadow folder: The path that you specified is not accessible from the server machine.
Though I'm sure this is the intended behavior, I much prefer how Vault 3.5.2 would prompt and ask me if I wanted to create the specified folder. Having a similar prompt in the current implementation would be ideal. Alternatively, having an option (either through the UI or a configuration file) to always create the target folder would be very helpful.

Call me lazy, but it’s just too much work to have to log on to the server and first create the target folder. I’d like Vault to do that for me!
Last edited by davenovak on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:37 am

I'll get this looked at and put in a request. Thanks for the feedback.

iRGLNeil

Post by iRGLNeil » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:38 am

I totally endorse this one - - I uninstalled 4.04 and installed 4.1 and nowhere did it ask me for a shadow folder location or suggest I needed to create one, but it clearly did not do so itself - - I just ended up with a confu=iguaration error message on Vault Admin

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:40 pm

I just ended up with a confu=iguaration error message on Vault Admin
That configuration error dealt with the shadow folder location not existing or was it something else?

Either way, I have your request entered.