Connect to Vault with Client API

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ISBE

Connect to Vault with Client API

Post by ISBE » Tue May 25, 2004 7:13 am

I am writing a Vault Client in VB.NET and would like to know if there are any VB.NET examples available to show me how to connect to Vault. I will have to set connections to 2 repositories. The only code I could find was written in C#.

Thank you

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue May 25, 2004 7:50 am

Can you post the code you'd like ported? If you can post the code, we'll try to help.

FWIW, I've never used this (and so I do not endorse it), but it seems to be quite popular on the C# news groups. - http://www.instantcsharp.com
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed May 26, 2004 8:07 am

A final update...

ISBE was trying to compile a client in VB.Net using VS.Net 2002 with Vault 2.0.3 client API. The problem is, the Vault 2.0.3 client API is compiled against the 1.1 .Net Framework. As you probably have guessed, VS.Net 2002 compiles against the 1.0 .Net Framework.

The solution to this problem involves using Vault client libraries compiled against the 1.0 .Net framework. Fortunately, the VS.Net 2002 Vault IDE patch, which contains the required libraries as Vault client API, is also compiled against the 1.0 .Net Framework.

So by downloading and using the libraries found in the VS.Net 2002 patch, ISBE was able to get past the problem.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear