Incorrect remote version

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

arden_dan

Incorrect remote version

Post by arden_dan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:39 am

One of our users was unable to checkout a particular file, "Can't get the requested version". The remote version was indicated as 0, when the real remote version was 6. In addition there were several other files with incorrect remote version numbers.. although they weren't 0, they were out of date.

The problem was machine specific, so we guessed it was something in the Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1 folder.

Upon deleting the _LastStructureGetTime and _Repository files, everything returned to normal.. which was nice.

I just wondered if anyone has seen this before, or if there are any known problems in this area.

Thanks...

dan

Post by dan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:39 am

I don't recall other reports like this one, but we will keep an eye out for it. Was it the whole repository, or was it limited to a few working folders?

arden_dan

Post by arden_dan » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:59 am

Dan,

It was just a few files within the same working folder.. Unfortunately we have no more info, but if there's a next time I'll get a copy of the ApplicationData\SourceGear\Vault_1 files.. if they would be useful.

We are using 2.0.3 GUI client BTW.

Thanks.

arden_dan

Post by arden_dan » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:58 am

After some further investigation, we can now reliably reproduce this problem.

1. Choose a file and show history.
2. From any version in the history right click and choose Diff
3. Select 'Any repository folder/file' and then choose a target file from somewhere, doesn't seem to matter where. We've tried it in subfolders, branches, etc.

4. Once the diffmerge window appears, the target file has a remote version of 0. :cry:

I can't confirm if this happened in 2.0.2, but it is definitely happening for us in 2.0.3 GUI Client.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:28 am

I've reproduced the same thing here - thanks for the report, and we'll see if we can get a fix for this in the next patch release.

arden_dan

Post by arden_dan » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:25 pm

Thanks, I look forward to the next patch release.

This Gold Support is worth every penny :D