Error Deleting Session

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

dwayne_davis

Error Deleting Session

Post by dwayne_davis » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:49 am

Our sgvault.log file is getting several messages a day that state the following:

Code: Select all

----6/10/2004 11:55:39 PM    [ snip ]--SSL Disabled
	An error occurred during the deletion of i1fynsve2gckvn451zoq2s55.  Please check that the session was removed from the database.\tTransaction (Process ID 71) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
----6/10/2004 11:55:39 PM    [ snip ]--SSL Disabled
	An error occurred deleting the session, i1fynsve2gckvn451zoq2s55.  Trying again - attempt 1.
Note: user and server name deleted

I should note that the user name that this applies to is our build user, and is running the command line client from CruiseControl.NET and the NAnt script that the CCNet process starts for builds.

Should I be concerned about these deadlocks?

dan

Post by dan » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:25 pm

This means a client did not log out properly from the server, and trying to automatically clear out the session from the database failed.

CruiseControl may not be able to tell Vault that it is exiting. So, eventually the session will time out, and Vault will try to automatically clear out the session.

This will only become a problem if the sessions continue to build up - it will eventually slow down a few operations, such as refresh, if there get to be tens of thousands sessions hanging around.

Stopping and re-starting the server clears out all sessions, if that becomes an issue.

dwayne_davis

Post by dwayne_davis » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:59 pm

It's using the command line client to access Vault - does the CLC end its sessions?

dan

Post by dan » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:45 pm

It should, but it would be worth it for us to check that out...

We know that the IDE client doesn't logout, due to Visual Studio not informing us when it is exiting, which is why we added the auto-logout on session timeout.