Merge Branches causes exception error

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Mark loew

Merge Branches causes exception error

Post by Mark loew » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:26 am

I am trying to merge branches in my project. I saw the error related to the store working folder data inside working folders not being set. I was getting an exception error about the object not being set. Set the flag and now I get a new exception error. Value cannot be null (Parameter name: path1). I checked the directories on both the origin and the target folders and they are set. They are inherited from the higher folder.

I have attached a screen shot of the problem
Attachments
vaulterror.JPG
Vault error screen shot
vaulterror.JPG (43.61 KiB) Viewed 8200 times

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:58 am

This bug has been fixed in the 2.1 release, which will be available later this fall.

In the meantime, there is a workaround: The bug never happens if you go to Tools/Options and make sure the "Store working folder data inside working folders" checkbox is checked.

Note that whenever you change this checkbox, you need to be very careful. All of your files will turn "unknown". You should probably first make sure everything in your working folder is checked in, or back it up. Delete your working folder. Flip the checkbox. Do a Get Latest to re-fetch everything into the working folder.

It's tedious, but it's a workaround.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

Mark loew

Post by Mark loew » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:03 am

I noticed the option needed to be checked in a different message thread. I was getting a different error when that was not set. I went in set it resynced my files and then I got this error message.

Again the option is set now and I now get the path error and not the no object set error.

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:49 am

Darn -- my apologies. I apparently mis-read your note and gave you a completely useless suggestion.

Unfortunately, however, this leaves me with no obvious response to the original problem. I suppose it is possible that you have found a new bug.

Let me look at the code again and get back to you.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear

ericsink

Post by ericsink » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:46 pm

Mark, are you still around?

I'm working on the merge branches code right now, and I still can't reproduce this problem.

Are you still having trouble, or did you workaround it somehow?
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear