Status Search

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Kelvin

Status Search

Post by Kelvin » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:57 am

When ever I choose a repository the status search always comes up with the "Lock onto this folder" check box checked even though I unchecked it before, and the documentation says that is off by default, this is very annoying as ever time I want to do a search on the whole repository it does not work until I uncheck this box.

Kelvin

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:47 am

What version of the Vault Client are you using? I wasn't able to replicate this in Vault 2.0.6.

These status search settings are saved separately for each repository, so boxes could be checked for some repositories even though you've unchecked them when connecting to others.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Kelvin

Post by Kelvin » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:58 pm

I am using 2.0.6. It happens when I use Choose Repository from the file menu. When I move to another Repository the "Lock onto this folder" is always checked even though the last time I was on that Repository I switched it off.

Kelvin

Kelvin

Status Search

Post by Kelvin » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:04 am

Ok I have found out more about this problem. I can fix it for a short time by deleteing the register entry "StatusSearchPane" but as soon as I start using the search for "Checked out by" and "old" on the route directory, and then swap the another repository and do the same thing, if I now switch back to the first repository the "Lock onto this folder" becomes checked. It would be better if the check box was not saved, also the status box should always default to "Don't Search" as when I change to a repository with alot of directories in it, it takes a long time to search it and it does it when I dont need it to which is a waste of time.

Kelvin

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:18 am

Thanks for the details; I was able to replicate this. It is definitely a bug -- the status search pane should remember the last settings you used for each repository.

I'll test this in Vault 3.0 and see if this behavior persists.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:27 am

This is fixed in Vault 3.0.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear