logging check out times / diff to prev. version

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

matzen

logging check out times / diff to prev. version

Post by matzen » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:17 am

Hi,

1) Is there a way to see in the history also the check out times?
I always to a check out before starting my work and always check in when ending one part of my work, so having check out and check in time, I can calculate the time for that part of my work.

2) Can I make a diff. to the previous version in the file history? I mean when browsing the history of a folder I can see "when" I did something with a file, but I want to easily see "what" I did with that file.

CU,
Sven

dan

Re: logging check out times / diff to prev. version

Post by dan » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:10 am

matzen wrote:1) Is there a way to see in the history also the check out times?
I always to a check out before starting my work and always check in when ending one part of my work, so having check out and check in time, I can calculate the time for that part of my work.
We don't save the checkout times when storing history information, so that isn't available at the time a history query is run. Sorry.
2) Can I make a diff. to the previous version in the file history? I mean when browsing the history of a folder I can see "when" I did something with a file, but I want to easily see "what" I did with that file.
Yes, from the history window, you can invoke diff on a selected file version by right clicking the mouse or invoking the Action menu, and then choose the Diff command. It gives you the option to diff against the previous version, among other options.

matzen

Post by matzen » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:36 am

We don't save the checkout times when storing history information, so that isn't available at the time a history query is run. Sorry.
:( may be a nice feature for the future .... would perfectly fit into bug-tracking, too, so you can see how much time you've spent in which project to fix a specific bug/feature request. By adding $/h for specific projects/users you also can add autoated billing ;)
Yes, from the history window, you can invoke diff on a selected file version by right clicking the mouse or invoking the Action menu, and then choose the Diff command. It gives you the option to diff against the previous version, among other options.
Perfect. That helps me a lot. :D

dan

Post by dan » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:18 am

matzen wrote:
:( may be a nice feature for the future .... would perfectly fit into bug-tracking, too, so you can see how much time you've spent in which project to fix a specific bug/feature request. By adding $/h for specific projects/users you also can add autoated billing ;)
I'll add this as a feature request.