UI Experience

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

mhawley

UI Experience

Post by mhawley » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:14 pm

I just have a quick question concerning the UI experience. I've noticed since the early days that there's been a hodge podge of XP theming vs. Non-XP Theming throughout Vault. For example, the "Connect to Server" dialog has themed XP buttons for OK, Cancel, and Help, but the "Edit Profiles..." button does not. Another example, the new "Set working folder" dialog does not have any theming applied, whereas the new "Add files" dialog has theming applied.

Another thing that kinda rubs me the wrong way, is the use of purple folders. I realize this is a "ease me off VSS" thing, but come on! give us some good Win32 folders!

Now, I realize that theming sucks out of the box in .NET, thats why I'm suggesting that you look at VisualStyles, which is a free component from Skybound (www.skybound.ca). It provides full theming capabilities for all controls. It really makes a great application look awesome. Something that I think Vault lacks.

Just my .02

dan

Post by dan » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:51 pm

Thanks for the input - we always jot down comments like yours and use them to prioritize features.

One question - by win32 folders, you mean the yellowish ones rather than the blue ones, right?

mhawley

Post by mhawley » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:18 am

dan wrote:Thanks for the input - we always jot down comments like yours and use them to prioritize features.

One question - by win32 folders, you mean the yellowish ones rather than the blue ones, right?
Yeah, I was in a bit of a rush writing, and thats what came to my mind first. The yellow ones are what I'm referring to. Or, maybe change it up a bit and go green :wink: