Problem adding a user with the Admin tool

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

christian

Problem adding a user with the Admin tool

Post by christian » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:41 am

Hi,
Tried to add a user with the Admin tool. I typed in Christian Crowhurst, checked Authenticate using Active directory (after enabling impersonation for the Vault account) and hit Create and get presented with the error message along the lines of: "A Username can only contain alphanumeric characters plus a dash... "

One other thing, I expect I need to add my licenses keys with the Admin tool? I'm waiting on a reply in the support forum to resolve the problem I'm having upgrading serial numbers to vs3, so I haven't been able to give this ago

Can you advise what the problem is?

Thanks
Christian

mhawley

Re: Problem adding a user with the Admin tool

Post by mhawley » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:35 am

christian wrote:Hi,
Tried to add a user with the Admin tool. I typed in Christian Crowhurst, checked Authenticate using Active directory (after enabling impersonation for the Vault account) and hit Create and get presented with the error message along the lines of: "A Username can only contain alphanumeric characters plus a dash... "
Now, I'm not support here, but I'd almost guess its because of the space between your name.

christian

Post by christian » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:39 am

Yeah, that's what I thought. However, I'm using Active Directory to authenticate a user and for this to work the user name has got to exactly match the user name in the active directory.

Thanks anyway
Christian

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:45 am

Christian,

Is your AD user really DOMAIN\Christian Crowhurst? If so, that is a contingency which we didn't plan for in designing the Active Directory authentication.

christian

Post by christian » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:37 am

jeremy_sg wrote:Christian,
Is your AD user really DOMAIN\Christian Crowhurst? If so, that is a contingency which we didn't plan for in designing the Active Directory authentication.
Yup, this is definitely the user account (just checked this with the sys admin).

I rather suspected this was the problem. Ok, how long will it take to fix this? In the meantime can we create a user account without spaces that is not authenticated by the AD and then edit this SAME account when you ship the fix, changing the name to align it with the AD account name and at that point check "Authenticate using Active Directory".

Going on known cases where the name of the Vault user has changed, what are the implications to version history? For example does Vault create a new account and discontinue the Vault user prior to the name change? Or does Vault maintain the same user, showing the current user name when viewing history?

Thanks
Christian

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:56 pm

Christian,

Give me an email using the button below this post.