status search in 3.0

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

now

status search in 3.0

Post by now » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:49 pm

After upgrading to 3.0 the various Status Search problems discussed in other posts (e.g., in 2.0.6, Vault would forget the folder path you had locked onto), I still have a problem. Status Search is not listing any files in the results pane for a selected status (e.g., Missing) even though files in the path with that status do exist. GetLatestVersion works fine, it's just the Status Search pane that appears to be failing. I do not have "Background Updates" checked, but "Lock onto this folder" and "Recursive" are checked.

dan

Post by dan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:08 pm

Which folder is it locked onto? You might verify that the folder on which it is locked does have missing files.

now

Post by now » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:15 pm

I have verified it a number of times, usually this way:

- uncheck the "Lock onto this folder" checkbox
- click on the parent folder in the Main pane (this results in that folder being reflected in the Search In textbox in the Search pane)
- check "Lock onto this folder"

Prior to 2.0.6, this would always cause a list-refresh operation to take place immediately. That no longer occurs.

now

Post by now » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:18 pm

By the way, it is not the parent folder that has the missing files, it is a folder several layers beneath the parent. This is a recursive operation.

If I view the folder (the one with the Missing files) in the Main pane, they are correctly identified as Missing in the status column.

dan

Post by dan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:31 pm

Hmmm. Does it have something to do with using the "Lock" checkbox. If you don't check it, does it work correctly?

I'm asking because I'm not noticing anything unusual here with some simple test cases. Are there scenarios where it seems to work?

Also, is Missing the only status that doesn't work for you, or are there others?

now

Post by now » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:48 pm

No, if I uncheck Lock, it still doesn't show anything. Here's a picture with an example.

It never works, for any Status.
Attachments
Vault.GIF
Vault.GIF (51.03 KiB) Viewed 15438 times

dan

Post by dan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:04 pm

I've created the exact path and file names that you have with the same status, but it still works for you. Obviously, it doesn't work for you, as your screenshot shows.

Are you using the 2.0 framework, possibly? Can you post the output of your tech support window for configuration info?

now

Post by now » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:14 pm

No, I am on the .net 1.1 framework.

Here is the tech support info.
Attachments
TechSupportInfo.GIF
TechSupportInfo.GIF (18 KiB) Viewed 15428 times

dan

Post by dan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:43 pm

Nothing unusal there.

Some other things to try:

Does logging in as a different user make any difference?

Does logging in as you on a different machine make a difference?

Does exiting and re-entering Vault make any difference?

now

Post by now » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:41 pm

Tried all that, also tried uninstalling 3.0, deleting the Vault application data cache, rebooting, and reinstalling 3.0. Somewhere along the way, I noticed that the Status Search started working again, but not for the parent directory level I was trying to use. I will attach a couple of pictures to illustrate that. I then did a recursive SetWorkingFolder for the parent folder and it stopped working again. I then removed the working folder association and it started semi-working again, exactly the same as before and as illustrated here.
Attachments
vault 2.GIF
vault 2.GIF (41.83 KiB) Viewed 15415 times
vault 3.GIF
vault 3.GIF (39.7 KiB) Viewed 15415 times

dan

Post by dan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:57 pm

Ah - I found it. Your parent path is cloaked, which seems to be the thing that is causing the search to fail.

It probably makes sense not to search cloaked folders if you start the search above them. But, it definitely should search them you are within the cloaked the folder (or directly on it).

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll look into this and see if we can get it in the next patch release. In the meantime, try uncloaking the folder and verify that is the problem.

now

Post by now » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:07 pm

That was it. Somehow the folder was cloaked (my slippery fingers perhaps, as I was not aware Vault had such as feature). Once uncloaked, everything is fine. Thanks.