Possibility of SQL full text queries against file images?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

dking513

Possibility of SQL full text queries against file images?

Post by dking513 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:16 am

Hello,
I would like to be able to issue full text queries against the files stored in the vault database. This is typically done by enabling a full text index on an image field, and registering the appropriate IFilter for extraction of keyword information. It appears that file images are stored in the tblFileInfo table. I assume they are in a compressed format. Is this a proprietary format, or perhaps a standard one that I may be able to index with the appropriate IFilter? I understand that I may compromise the performance of Vault once I start mucking around in your database!
Thank you,
Dave King

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:34 am

Dave:

If an application can convert the database image column using the VCDiff format ( RFC 3284 ) is registred against the column, you might be able to enable limited searching within SQL Server ( not MSDE ). However, most rows in the table are stored as "deltas" ( not the actual file ), so we have not explored what results the full text index may actually produce.

We have a feature request to enable a full text searching of a repository ( regardless of SQL Server or MSDE ). Would you like me to add your name to the list of users requesting the feature?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

dking513

Please do.

Post by dking513 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:55 pm

Yes, please add me to the list of users who would interested in the full text query feature.
Thanks,
Dave