Error message when checking in aspx/aspx.vb/resx files

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

zumafan

Error message when checking in aspx/aspx.vb/resx files

Post by zumafan » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:43 pm

I've mentioned this before but we didn't come to a conclusion, now I'm starting to get the problem more often.

Sometimes when I check in an aspx file (under VS2K3, Vault 3.01), I get an error message similar to:
"Cannot check in the file, a file was modified earlier in the transaction"
repeatedly every time I check it in.

I don't know what causes this, I can't seem to reproduce it acurately. If I restart Visual Studio I can check it in no problem.

Here's what the debug log says:

01/14/05 11:34:54 | Exit SccQueryInfo(), pContext=108025688, nFiles=1, lpFileNames=C:\Data\WWW\filename.ascx.vb, status=6155

dan

Post by dan » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:06 pm

OK, it looks like I'll need to get out a debug build with more logging, or try to get more details about the sequence of events that are happening. Email me with the button below and I should be able to get something out to you in the next day or two...

zumafan

Post by zumafan » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:30 pm

dan wrote:OK, it looks like I'll need to get out a debug build with more logging, or try to get more details about the sequence of events that are happening. Email me with the button below and I should be able to get something out to you in the next day or two...
Hi Dan,

You already sent me the debug build. Am I not getting the right amount of debugging?