"GET" method from commandline

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Thalko

"GET" method from commandline

Post by Thalko » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:16 pm

I am working on a commandline call to Vault to help create some batch files that help automate some of our business process.

i called the "HELP" option from the commandline for the GET statement and it followed it and have the following script:

Code: Select all

vault.exe GET -host 127.0.0.1 -user VaultUser -password VaultPWD -repository "Development" -destpath "c:\VAultMergeTemp\"  -makereadonly -merge overwrite -norecursive "$/SharedFiles"
i created the target folder(c:\VAultMergeTemp\) and it is empty, and have verified the path in vault($/SharedFiles) in addition to the connection information as i can call the command LISTFOLDERS with the same connection info and everything works.

But, when i call the above GET statement, i get the error:

" usage: GET item [...]"

is there something wrong with the statement i have written, or is there other things i should be aware of when executing this script?

dan

Post by dan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:39 pm

It looks like the \" at the end of "c:\VaultMergeTemp\" is causing something to interpret the last quote not as an end quote but as a quote that is part of the string. Try taking out the '\' char, and it should parse correctly.