Keyword Expansion puts wrong date in source file

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Locked
popezilla
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:17 pm
Location: MD
Contact:

Keyword Expansion puts wrong date in source file

Post by popezilla » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:19 pm

I use these keywords:
$History: $

I have multiple files where the keyword expansion duplicated the datetime from one version to the next.

However, the vault history properly shows the checkin date.

This problem has occurred over the 3 month history I've been using keyword expansion. It doesn't occur on everyfile everytime. It seems a bit random. As a matter of fact, I have some files which it occured upon once and not again.

When I say duplicated, I mean I get this keyword expansion text:

'Source Control History 'xxx $
'
' ****************** Version 15 ******************
' User: junjun.bi Date: 2005-02-09 Time: 10:52:00-05:00
' Updated in: xxx
' Changed word "Triangle" to "Flarion".
'
' ****************** Version 14 ******************
' User: junjun.bi Date: 2004-12-17 Time: 13:13:27-05:00
' Updated in: xxx
' Added function WODefects.inc to display "Listed Defects:"
'
' ****************** Version 13 ******************
' User: christopher.pope Date: 2004-12-17 Time: 13:13:27-05:00
' Updated in: xxx
' Added source control history region



You see version 13 and 14 have the same date for the keyword expansion. However, the vault history shows the results shown in the attachment.

The next weird thing is that the keyword expansion datetimes do not match the vault history datetimes at all. For example, version 13 keyword expansion shows 12/17/2004 13:13:27, Vault shows 12/17/2004 13:03:44
Attachments
VaultHist.txt
(383 Bytes) Downloaded 418 times

lbauer
Posts: 9736
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:25 pm
Location: SourceGear

Post by lbauer » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:13 am

What version of Vault are you using? We'd like to try to reproduce what you are seeing.

We have had a few reports of inconsistencies with keyword expansion and dates, and have a bug logged to address these.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

popezilla
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:17 pm
Location: MD
Contact:

Vault client 3.0.2

Post by popezilla » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:14 am

3.0.2

popezilla
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:17 pm
Location: MD
Contact:

I can reproduce this at will

Post by popezilla » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:20 am

I have a set of files that if I update them and check them in, the keyword expansion will reproduce the date.

However, it will only do this once for each file. As I update and checking the files over time, the set of files will diminish until there are no more.

This is a production system, but I do not have a problem with turning on logging and adding some unobtrusive update to the source file with a comment or something. Let me know if you want me to help you test this.

lbauer
Posts: 9736
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:25 pm
Location: SourceGear

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:38 am

As it turns out, this bug has been reproduced is already logged to our bug database. I don't have a timeframe as yet on when this might be fixed, though.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Locked