cannot access vault server thru client

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

spinriko

cannot access vault server thru client

Post by spinriko » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:53 pm

Upgraded to 3.0.5 (server,admin, and client). Worked fine for 2 days. Attempted to access server this morning and any attempt to contact via client or IDE results in System.ExecutionEngineException. Debugger shows exception being thrown in VaultDomain. Client/IDE immediately closes and cannot access the server. Server can be access from admin tools on same machine. Server can be accessed fine from other machines on the domain. Have repaired client with no luck. Have unistalled/reinstalled client with no luck.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:10 pm

Have you installed a different version of the .Net Framework/Visual Studio in the last few days, or otherwise changed the configuration of the machine other than upgrading Vault?

spinriko

Post by spinriko » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:14 pm

No, I just upgraded the client. I was reading thru some other posts and someone mentioned that they had to clear out the info in the ApplicationData of their machine for something. I figured, what the hell, and it seems to have worked. I deleted the SourceGear folder there and the next time I fired up the client, everything was fine. Any ideas what caused this behavior?

dan

Post by dan » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:46 pm

Hmmm - nothing obvious comes to mind. If one of your cache files got corrupted on disk, it might causes wackiness, but that seems extremely unlikely.

Glad you are up and running though!