Exception while checking in a file

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Locked
ctacke
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:47 pm

Exception while checking in a file

Post by ctacke » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:06 pm

I've got an environment with 10 users. All has been going well for some time now using version 3.0.

Yesterday a user who has not had problems before suddenly was unable to check in a file. The Client (3.0.1) reported an exception. He restarted his client as well as his PC and still it fails to check in.

It is not this specific file, as he is now unable to check in anything into the repository. Other users are still able to check in.

I pulled the log from the server and the applicable section is as follows:

----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled Getting repository Structure.
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled GetRepositoryStructure returned: Success
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled Getting list of checkout changes.
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled GetCheckOutListChanges returned: Success
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled Checking out Files
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled CheckOutFiles returned:Success
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled Getting list of checkout changes.
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled GetCheckOutListChanges returned: Success
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled Getting repository Structure.
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled GetRepositoryStructure returned: Success
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled Getting list of checkout changes.
----3/23/2005 2:48:27 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled GetCheckOutListChanges returned: Success
----3/23/2005 2:48:48 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled BeginTx beginning transaction
----3/23/2005 2:48:48 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled Critical Error! Error in the application.
at VaultServiceBase.VaultRepository.GetReferenceCopiesByPath(HybridDictionary hdNewRefParents, String strAbsolutePath, Boolean bRefCopyLastObjectWithAllFolders, VaultFSObjects& fsoList, Int32& nPinCount)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTransactionContainer.GetReferenceCopiesByPath(String strAbsolutePath, VaultFSObjects& fsoList, Int32& nPinCount)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTransaction.PreCheckCheckIn(Int32 nCurrStatCode, VaultRequestCheckIn vrci, String strFileToken, VaultResponseCheckIn vRespCheckIn, VaultTransactionContainer txContainer)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.BeginTx(HttpApplicationState theApp, VaultLoginInfo vliLoggedInUser, Int32 nTxUserID, Int32 nRepID, DateTime dtBeginTx, String strComment, VaultRequestItem[]& requests, String& strTxID, VaultIntTx& vit)
at VaultService.VaultService.DoBeginTx(HttpApplicationState has, HttpSessionState hss, VaultLoginInfo vli, String strCallerLogEvt, Int32 nTxUserID, Int32 nRepID, DateTime dtBeginTx, String strComment, VaultRequestItem[]& requests, String& strTxID)
----3/23/2005 2:48:48 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled Getting repository Structure.
----3/23/2005 2:48:48 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled GetRepositoryStructure returned: Success
----3/23/2005 2:48:48 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled Getting list of checkout changes.
----3/23/2005 2:48:48 PM clin--clin-xp.mydomain.net(192.168.0.139)--SSL Disabled GetCheckOutListChanges returned: Success

jclausius
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: SourceGear
Contact:

Post by jclausius » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:09 pm

Try a server restart ( iisreset.exe ).

It might be something in one of the cached trees causing a problem.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

ctacke
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:47 pm

Post by ctacke » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:35 am

I restarted the entire box after hours and it seems to have cured it.

jclausius
Posts: 3660
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: SourceGear
Contact:

Post by jclausius » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:41 am

OK. Keep an eye on things. Also, I'd suggest making a backup unless you've already done so.

If things start acting up again, let us know here or you can also email the goldsupport alias.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

Locked