infinite loop

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

thomas62j5

infinite loop

Post by thomas62j5 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:49 pm

We are currently using 3.0.4 clients and server, and have recently upgraded to this level from 2.x version of Vault.

I have noticed a couple things.

First, several times now vault has entered an infinite loop when trying to check out a file. Like it is checking it out repeatedly, and does not stop. I have to kill the vault gui process to stop it.

Second, when checking in a file repeatedly (i.e. fixing something, checking it in, fixing something, checking it in), the file keeps losing focus, which means the check-in button loses focus. I have to keep clicking on the file, and then I can click the check-in button again. This is a new and annoying behavior.

-thomas

thomas62j5

No reply?

Post by thomas62j5 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:29 pm

Never did get a reply to this post. I thought this was the Gold Support forum???

dan

Post by dan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:13 am

Sorry - this must have slipped through the cracks...

We've not had any other reports of an infinite check out loop. I would suggest turning on client logging, and if it happens again, capture the log output and send it to us. (See http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1534) If you can reproduce it reliably, even better.

For the second issue, can you be more specific? By lose focus, do mean an entry in the pending change set or the file list, and which button isn't available?

Sorry for the delay in answering,

thomas62j5

Post by thomas62j5 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:11 am

dan wrote:For the second issue, can you be more specific? By lose focus, do mean an entry in the pending change set or the file list, and which button isn't available?
It is the file list. I am currently using 3.0.5 and it still happens. The steps:

1. Check out a file, and edit it.
2. Return to vault.
3. Notice the file is still highlighted, but the check-in button is ghosted. The "undo checkout" button *is* available, however.
4. Click on the filename (even though it is already highlighted), and notice the check-in button becomes available.

It seems like an issue where when I return to vault, though the file is still selected, perhaps that area of the app doesn't have the focus until I click on it again?

It doesn't seem like much, but when I am checking dozens of files in and out all day, it slows me down. :)

dan

Post by dan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:01 am

OK, I see - the toolbar Checkin Button doesn't become enabled when you go back to Vault after having edited the file. I'll add this as a bug. If you right click the file, the checkin command should be available from the context menu, so you might try that as a workaround for now.

For the first problem: Do you remember when this happened, what it seemed to be looping on? Was the message "Retrieving Repository Structure..." being displayed on the very bottom of the client?

thomas62j5

Post by thomas62j5 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:23 am

dan wrote:OK, I see - the toolbar Checkin Button doesn't become enabled when you go back to Vault after having edited the file. I'll add this as a bug. If you right click the file, the checkin command should be available from the context menu, so you might try that as a workaround for now.
OK, good to hear it may be fixed. :)
dan wrote:For the first problem: Do you remember when this happened, what it seemed to be looping on? Was the message "Retrieving Repository Structure..." being displayed on the very bottom of the client?
That is ringing a bell, but this problem hasn't happened in a while. It may
be that it is only happening on my home PC, which I have not been using
for a few weeks since I have moved cross-country. I should be able to use
that machine again soon, and will report back on this if it is still happening.
I think I am using 3.0.4 on that machine.