Feature Request -> Favorites

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

steveschoon

Feature Request -> Favorites

Post by steveschoon » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:21 pm

I humbly request that you consider adding a 'Favorites' feature to an upcoming version of Vault. I have a very large project tree, and it seems like I'm always working on 4-6 'current' projects. So, it would be great if throughout the Vault UI, I could easily jump to these projects. I think that this would be helpful in these places at least, but probably more:

Main Vault GUI
Share Dialog
Branch Dialog

I'm thinking that it would work great to have a 'sidebar' type of view, similar to the dialog that you get in VS.NET when you 'Add Reference', and then click 'Browse', and those icons are visible down the left hand side of the dialog.

Any interest? Clear as mud?

Thanks,
Steve Schoon

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:19 am

Not a bad idea. We always are looking for ways to enhance productivity for Vault users.

If we don't already have a feature request for this, I'll log one, and if we do, I'll add your "vote." If we do implement this, it would most likely be in the 4.0 release.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

steveschoon

Post by steveschoon » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:08 pm

Thanks for considering the request. I hope it makes it into 4.0. Speaking of 4.0, have you posted any public information about that releaes yet?
Steve

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:45 am

No, we don't have anything to post about it, other than that we'll continue to work on our source control features.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager