Inconsistant check in status information

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Brody

Inconsistant check in status information

Post by Brody » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:53 pm

We have recently had a SQL server meltdown.

We recovered the database from backup and reapplied the transaction logs so we ended up with around two hours lost (but they were during lunch time so no big loss there).

We have version 3.0.5

However, since then I have developers that cannot check in a file. No matter what they do it remains as checked out. It appear to be updated but the status remains as checked out.

Now the horrible part is that other developers can check it out (it just shows that there are two exclusive checkouts) and the admin user cannot undo the checkout because it doesn't appear to be checked out in the admin - undo checkout screen.

In fact, if I log into the client as administrator everything looks fine. We run folder security.

We have deleted our client caches (in case they had been confused) but to no avail.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:19 am

Just to clarify: Does the admin tool report the file as checked out to that user?

If it does not, then this strongly suggests the client cache files are wrong. Specifically, CacheMember_CheckOutList is where the checkouts are stored. Is it possible the client cache files were deleted from a different location?

See http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6 and double check the cache files again.

Brody

Post by Brody » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:46 pm

I suspected the cache files originally - and I had deleted them but...

Perhaps I hadn't closed down the Vault Client (or maybe the IDE Client) because when I did it again (this time with everything closed) it was all better.

So problem solved. Thanks very much.