Integration Into VB 6 IDE

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ROTRTechTeam

Integration Into VB 6 IDE

Post by ROTRTechTeam » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:52 pm

I am having a problem that I can't quite figure out. I have moved to a new laptop. On the OLD laptop I could open up the VB IDE and from the Tools Menu I'd have a Source Control menu where I could check in and out files, etc. I do not have this on the new laptop. The only thing I know is different between the two is that the old laptop originally had Visual Source Safe installed and this one does not. I am not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I need to know how to get the source control integration in the VB6 IDE.

Thanks!

Mike

dan

Post by dan » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:02 pm

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:04 pm

One other thing in additions to Dan's post...

If the References / vbaddin.ini solutions do not help, I've noticed that VB 6's SCC integration is not enabled until VSS has been installed. There seems to be some components that VSS "turns on" for VB 6's IDE.

So, if the References / vbaddini.ini solutions do not work, try installing VSS. Afterwords, you can change the Default SCC provider from within the Vault GUI client's options, and then re-try enabling SCC integration with the References / vbaddin.ini changes.

Good luck
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

ROTRTechTeam

Post by ROTRTechTeam » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:27 pm

Thanks guys! I added the vbscc=1 to the vbaddins.ini file and now everything is working as it should. Thanks so much for your help!