Critical Error During Checkin

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

bill.turk

Critical Error During Checkin

Post by bill.turk » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:08 am

We upgraded to 3.0.6 yesterday. Some users are getting the following error while trying to check in files:

Critical Error! Error in the application.
at VaultServiceBase.VaultRepository.GetReferenceCopiesByPath(HybridDictionary hdNewRefParents, String strAbsolutePath, Boolean bRefCopyLastObjectWithAllFolders, VaultFSObjects& fsoList, Int32& nPinCount)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTransactionContainer.GetReferenceCopiesByPath(String strAbsolutePath, VaultFSObjects& fsoList, Int32& nPinCount)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultTransaction.PreCheckCheckIn(Int32 nCurrStatCode, VaultRequestCheckIn vrci, String strFileToken, VaultResponseCheckIn vRespCheckIn, VaultTransactionContainer txContainer)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.BeginTx(HttpApplicationState theApp, VaultLoginInfo vliLoggedInUser, Int32 nTxUserID, Int32 nRepID, DateTime dtBeginTx, String strComment, VaultRequestItem[]& requests, String& strTxID, VaultIntTx& vit)
at VaultService.VaultService.DoBeginTx(HttpApplicationState has, HttpSessionState hss, VaultLoginInfo vli, String strCallerLogEvt, Int32 nTxUserID, Int32 nRepID, DateTime dtBeginTx, String strComment, VaultRequestItem[]& requests, String& strTxID)

Again, this only happens to some users. I, for example, am able to check out and check in files from the same repository in which they are having trouble.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:27 am

Do you happen to know if the users seeing this behavior are working within shared folders?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

bill.turk

Post by bill.turk » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:51 pm

No. Only one of them is. The others did have other shared files within the folder they were working in. However, I just checked out and modified a file within a folder with shared files, and checked it in and it worked fine.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:56 pm

I'm not sure what to suggest. You may want to restart your Vault Server (iisreset.exe).

I'm currently working on Vault 3.1 with an issue related to this. If I find something, I'll touch back with you on this thread.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

bill.turk

Post by bill.turk » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:27 pm

I have restarted the server and the problem seems to have gotten worse. First of all now we get the following error on checkin:

Critical Error! Error in the application.
at VaultServiceBase.VaultRepository.ReferenceCopy(Int64 nRevID, HybridDictionary hdNewRefParents)
at VaultServiceAPILib.VaultServiceAPI.BeginTx(HttpApplicationState theApp, VaultLoginInfo vliLoggedInUser, Int32 nTxUserID, Int32 nRepID, DateTime dtBeginTx, String strComment, VaultRequestItem[]& requests, String& strTxID, VaultIntTx& vit)
at VaultService.VaultService.DoBeginTx(HttpApplicationState has, HttpSessionState hss, VaultLoginInfo vli, String strCallerLogEvt, Int32 nTxUserID, Int32 nRepID, DateTime dtBeginTx, String strComment, VaultRequestItem[]& requests, String& strTxID)

We are not able to check out / show history on any file in the db. The error on the server side for show history is :

BeginHistoryQuery returned: FailObjPathInvalid

On the client side, for check out and show history we see:

The object could not be found. It may have been deleted, moved or renamed.

TIA.

bill.turk

Post by bill.turk » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:30 pm

Also wanted to mention that we have other repositories that are functioning properly -- but this one is our biggest repository:

Size: 15751.46 MB
Space available: 2626.70 MB

HTH.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:53 pm

Hmmm....

Perhaps it wasn't the server, but something in the cache file on the client that was causing the problem.

Pick a machine which seems to be having the problem. Make sure all instances of Vault GUI / Admin Tool and IDE clients are shut down.

Try removing the client side cache ( CacheMember_Repository / CacheMember_LastStructureGetTime ) files from %appdata%\sourcegear\vault_1\client\{SOME-GUID}

where {SOME-GUID} is the value from SELECT uniquerepid, name FROM sgvault.dbo.tblrepositories is the uniquerepid value for the repository in question.

Finally start up the Vault client, and re-try the operation.

Does that help?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

bill.turk

ITS WORSE

Post by bill.turk » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:42 pm

Hi Jeff:

Its progressively getting worse. The latest is if we login (everyone of us, no excpetions, every client machine, no exceptions) to the repository, we get the following message:

"You have no rights to access any folders in this repository"

We have 6 other repositories and all of them work perfectly fine.

Folder security is not enabled for this repository in question. In the admin tool, we get the following information:

Folders: 2993 (+1718 deleted)
Files: 9220 (+8469 deleted)
Tree size: 0 bytes
Disk space needed: 0 bytes
Database size: 6.71 GB

When we go to Undo Checkout in admin and choose this repository, we get "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" error. When we go to Obliterate in admin and choose the repository, we get:

VaultServiceAPILib.VaultSoapException: 1206 : FailObjPathInvalid
at VaultService.VaultService.ListDeletedObjects(Int32 nRepID, String directoryPath, Boolean recursive, VaultDeletedObject[]& deletedlist)

HELP!!!

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:49 pm

Can you send me an email by clicking the email link below
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear