Get Latest exception

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

asills

Get Latest exception

Post by asills » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:54 pm

This occurred while attempting to get latest on a project I already had locally. I deleted all the files from the working folder just in case and tried to get latest again and it keeps bombing on this one file.

I can double-click to view the file and that works just fine, just a Get Latest fails every time on this file.

And in regard to the error message below, no I haven't been touching any files in the _sgvault folder except for the couple that were outlined in one of your KB topics for the last set of folders open in the GUI.

[4/27/2005 2:50:40 PM] Local file update for $/EdgeServices/Source/Globeranger.EdgeServices.BinaryDevices.Ale.ManagerControls/AssemblyInfo.references.xml failed: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\Documents and Settings\asills\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1\Client\AFC9F6DF-AB7E-41AB-B426-F9EB35152FA5\asills\_sgvault\1090718595\98323.860215".
File name: "C:\Documents and Settings\asills\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1\Client\AFC9F6DF-AB7E-41AB-B426-F9EB35152FA5\asills\_sgvault\1090718595\98323.860215"
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateWorkingFile(VaultClientFile file, Int64 targetVersion, Int64 displayVersion, MergeType merge, DateTime dt, Boolean makeBackups, OverwritePrompt PromptData)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.WorkingFolder.UpdateWorkingFile(VaultClientFile file, Int64 targetVersion, Int64 displayVersion, MergeType merge, DateTime dt, OverwritePrompt PromptData)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.ProcessGetFileRequests(GetFileInfo[] infos, MakeWritableType makeWritable, SetFileTimeType setFileTime, MergeType merge, Boolean updateHiddenFilesOnly, String ancestorFullPath, Boolean flat, String ancestorDiskPath, OverwritePrompt PromptData, Boolean isLabelGet, String currentPathToLabelItem, Int64 labelID, Boolean isRetry)

dan

Post by dan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:07 pm

It looks like one of your baseline files got deleted somehow. Assuming you store your baseline files in Docs & Settings, you'll need to remove the baseline files from there, and probably your other cache files to do a complete reset.

asills

Post by asills » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:14 pm

That said, what does that actually mean and what will actually happen? Just me doing a Get Latest on the $/ after deleting the cache folder? And is this the folder I should delete:

C:\Documents and Settings\asills\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1\Client\AFC9F6DF-AB7E-41AB-B426-F9EB35152FA5\asills\_sgvault\

(the entire thing?)

GregM

Post by GregM » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:30 pm

It would be really nice if Vault could recognize and re-download corrupted or missing baseline files, or even if we could somehow force Vault to download a baseline file again. I accidentally modified one of my baseline files recently. I tried to fix this by deleting the file, hopng that Vault would notice that it was missing and simply download it again, but I just kept getting error messages about the file being missing. I had to create an empty file with that name, and then manually get the contents of what that file should have had using history and diff.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:21 pm

asills wrote:That said, what does that actually mean and what will actually happen? Just me doing a Get Latest on the $/ after deleting the cache folder? And is this the folder I should delete:

C:\Documents and Settings\asills\Application Data\SourceGear\Vault_1\Client\AFC9F6DF-AB7E-41AB-B426-F9EB35152FA5\asills\_sgvault\

(the entire thing?)
Yes, delete the _sgvault folder, and then do a Get Latest.

Which version of Vault are you using? In 2.0 or below, deleting your baseline will cause you file status to become Unknown, which will cause problems if you have edited any of them. In 3.0 and above, Vault attempts to resolve which files have been edited and which are the exact same as some version on the server.

asills

Post by asills » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:22 pm

I don't have anything checked out, so I don't have to worry about it anyway.

asills

Feature request for this problem

Post by asills » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:11 pm

So that worked, but couldn't Vault have been a little smarter here? Something like "your baseline file can't be found, Vault needs to create a new baseline file blah blah blah" and just do a get latest and create a new baseline file?

The file that was failing only had a single version and had the exact same mod time and contents as the one on the server, so a baseline file wasn't even really necessary.

Edit: didn't notice GregM had mentioned the same thing above. But I'm going to officially say "feaure request" here and see if you guys could add it to your list.

dan

Post by dan » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:15 pm

Yes, I'll add this to our list...