Verbose file listing from the CLC

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

christian

Verbose file listing from the CLC

Post by christian » Mon May 09, 2005 5:00 am

Hi guys,
I've been using the Verbose switch on gets from Vault. I parse the file listing to confirm whether the working folder has been updated. I use this to determine whether lengthy routines, that only require running in the event of a working directory update, can be skipped. This works like a charm but for one thing - deletions.

You recently added -performdeletions as another switch to get and check-out actions. This is fantastic as the automated routines that everyone runs here now perform deletes and renames locally thus helping to keep dev and build machine working folders clean.

However, the Verbose option doesn't reflect that a delete has been performed locally. This is unfortunate, as these lengthy routines don't run when there's been just a delete and no file mods! Can you add another output to the file listings that list the files/folders deleted? This would complete the functionality required to detect whether a working directory has been updated. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Fetched $/AFolder/ATestFile.txt
Deleted $/AFolder/ADeletedTestFile.txt
Deleted $/AnotherFolder

Thanks
Christian

dan

Post by dan » Mon May 09, 2005 7:17 am

We'll add this as a feature request - thanks