Plugin: OnEndTx never called?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ismangil

Plugin: OnEndTx never called?

Post by ismangil » Fri May 20, 2005 5:23 am

http://weblogs.asp.net/jeremy_sheeley/a ... 04/07.aspx

I've been trying to implement the sample. Everything seems OK (well some non existent method in Vault libs for history query, but I've commented that out for now), registering etc, but it seems OnEndTX is never called.

Any idea where to look further?

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Fri May 20, 2005 7:15 am

Check the sgvault.dbo.tblplugins table. Do you have any rows in the table? If so, does the URL column look correct?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri May 20, 2005 7:28 am

Also, check the Vault server log file to see if there is an exception calling the plugin.

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Fri May 20, 2005 7:57 am

Thanks for the tips. The table has the plugin listed. The log was clear. On a hunch I tried the URL from Firefox, sure enough it was requesting username password.

Apparently the virtual directory of the plugin webservice was set to reject anonymous access. It worked fine when I browse from IE because IE silently supply my login credentials.

Once I allowed anon access, the plugin was called as expected. Vault server must have given up silently.

I've even resolved the non-existent method error. Somehow it doesn't like VaultClientNetLib.ClientService.* namespace prefixes. Since there is already a "using" I removed all prefixes and now it compiles cleanly.