Date problem after VSS import

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

matzen

Date problem after VSS import

Post by matzen » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:09 am

Hi,

I've a serious problem with some of my source files after importing incorrect date information from VSS. The cause of the problem seem to be some month or years ago when one developer did have a wrong local date setting on his PC (2033/11/29). Those day we were working with VSS and he did a check in of multiple projects. After that check in there were multiple check outs and check ins using VSS. Some month ago we did an import of all of our projects to VAULT. Now we have the problem that we get this old version with the date 2033/11/29 instead of the new one. Is there a way to detect all the files that are affected by this problem? I think I will need to rollback the files to the most recent date before now, but for that I will need to know what files are affected.

Thanks,
Sven

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:05 am

If you do a History query in Vault on an affected file, what order is reported? Vault should use the file version with the latest version number, not the latest date, so I'd be interested to know whether the history is correct by version number.

Also, if you do a history query and choose dates later than the year 2032, does it show all the files that were affected?

matzen

Post by matzen » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:31 am

Hi Dan,

In the history the topmost item is the one with the date 2033. Also it's the one with the highest version (10). I've done a rollback to the version just below that file (9).

Now using "get latest version" writes the rolled back file (version 11) to the disk, but the order in the history now is 10, 11, 9, 8, 7... (so the one with the date 2033 is still topmost).

I've managed to find out the files by performing a get latest version and a file system search for dates > 2007.

CU,
Sven

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:00 am

Sven,

It sounds like the files now have the right contents.

It is possible to also fix history by reseting the dates to what they should have been, but the only way to do it would be by issuing SQL commands to fix the actual underlying data. Email me by pressing the button below if you'd like to go that route.