3.1 Vault upgrading database failed

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jschuit

3.1 Vault upgrading database failed

Post by jschuit » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:33 pm

From v3.0.7 to v3.1

Checking the installed database version... OK
Upgrading SourceGear Vault database schema... Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'pk_tbltransactionfsobjectversions'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'tbltransactionfsobjectversions'.

jschuit

Post by jschuit » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:16 pm

Shutdown the server box and restarted everything, this time during the database conversion I got:

Checking the installed database version... OK
Upgrading SourceGear Vault database schema... OK
Checking Vault share information... Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'pk_tblfsobjectshares'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'tblfsobjectshares'.
Correcting Share Information failed. Please contact SourceGear technical suport.
Warning: The join order has been enforced because of a local join hint is used.
...blah blah blah... Error Code = 453

jschuit

Post by jschuit » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:44 pm

Please contact me as soon as possible on this. I've had 60 developers twiddling their thumbs all day ( see: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4375 ) trying to get things resolved!

Is anyone still there??

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:44 pm

Your issue was forwarded to one of our developers but he may not be able to contact you until tomorrow.

Do you have a recent backup of the 3.0.7 database you could restore and then reinstall 3.0.7? Or was the database in a bad state before you upgraded to 3.1?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jschuit

Post by jschuit » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:47 pm

Yes, I backed up the database before attempting to update to v3.1. ..but that doesn't solve our original problem linked above... ( with the Merge Branches failing )

dan_quinn

Post by dan_quinn » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:57 pm

Hi Linda, Thanks for the response... As John stated, during a Merge operation, errors were experienced (see referenced posting), we were told to upgrade to 3.1, seemed like a good idea... The upgrade failed. It's the weekend, which is a good thing, only a handful of our 60+ Vault users are working. We really, really need to resolve this.

We need to be able to perform the Merge that failed this morning, in order for us to meet our delivery dates. It really doesn't matter which version of Vault we are using, it just has to work. Please let us know what to do, John is closest to the Server and is ready, willing, and able to do whatever it takes (it is easy writing checks that others have to cash :D )

Maybe we can resolve this with telephones, which would shorten the time in between posting.
Thanks again, Dan.
Dan in San Diego

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:37 pm

Offline, we've identified the problem which appears to be some leftover folder entry information from an earlier fix I applied.

I've asked jschuit to remove the folder information, and it now looks as if the installation should work according to spec. I'll update this thread once we have confirmation the upgrade proceeded as expected.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:45 am

OK. That seemed to be the problem, as jschuit now reports the install succeeds.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear