New Actions Page

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

GregM

New Actions Page

Post by GregM » Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:20 am

We just upgraded to the 3.1.1 version, and I was quite surprised when I went to the "Actions" page and found it completely different. I'm not quite sure yet whether I like the new page or not. To shorten history queries, I will often switch to the actions page and uncheck "Label", since we have at least one of those per day. To do the equivalent now, I would have to first select "Actions Selected Below", and then select all the checkboxes except for label.

Fortunately, I think I can exclude most of them, and will only need to check "Checkin", but this is still more than I had to do in the past.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:19 am

Maybe a "toggle all, untoggle all" button would help?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

GregM

Post by GregM » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:05 pm

I think the best thing would be to put it back the way it was and add an "Uncheck All" button. That way you still have the exact same default as both 3.0 and 3.1, and getting to a clear slate from which you can pick only the ones you want is still only a single click.

Once history queries can be saved, this won't be as much of an issue, but until then...

vonwyss

Save the actions selection default

Post by vonwyss » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:58 am

It might help it the default for this action selection could be set somewhere. Just as Greg, I always have to remove the Labels because we are using continuous integration and that easily generates 30 labels on a somewhat busy day...

What about a preference setting somewhere with the default selection?

Leo