Vault server could not be contacted...

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jschuit

Vault server could not be contacted...

Post by jschuit » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:27 pm

Vault v3.1.1.3506 client and server
Reproducible in client and command line, multiple machines, usually hard locks the client

Attempts to GetLatest on a label results in:
"An exception was encountered during the get latest operation. Exception: The Vault server could not be contacted to perform the operation. Your network connection to the server may have been interrupted. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."

Turned on debug loggin for the server, no relative information gleaned.
Searched the forum here and tried disabling the HTTP Keep-Alives: no help.

The current workaround is to use the client and perform the Show History ( instead of Show Labels ), adjust the filter to only show labels and then perform the get on the label desired.
Of course this work-around breaks our build process by introducing a manual step... A solution for this is needed soon!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:28 am

We'd still like to see a copy of theVault server log file. Reproduce the operation that is failing, then send a copy of the log to linda at SourceGear.com. Indicate the time in the log that you tried to get the label and be sure to include a link to this forum posting.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jschuit

Post by jschuit » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:49 am

The logfile was sent Linda, let me know if there is anything else I can provide to expedite this..

Thanks.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:33 pm

I haven't gotten the email/log. Could you resend? Linda at Sourcegear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

jschuit

Post by jschuit » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:53 pm

My mistake, I sent the email to lbauer@sourcegear.com... resent to linda@sourcegear.com :oops:

jschuit

Post by jschuit » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:03 am

Hey Linda,

Just a refresher, I sent you our database on this and it functioned properly for you but remains an issue for us... I just overheard one of our lovely IT people mumbling about the harddrives on the Vault server being very slow. Could this be the cause of the issues we are seeing here?

Thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:57 am

Slow and fragmented drives (particularly on the SQL Servre machine) can affect Vault performance. Are you getting the same type of error as first reported in this post?

What types of operations are failing?

What version of Vault are you currently using?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear