Vault Server 3.1.1 unable/unwilling to authenticate AD users

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tony

Vault Server 3.1.1 unable/unwilling to authenticate AD users

Post by Tony » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:36 am

This morning, I had a v3.0.6 installation. I uninstalled v3.0.6 (keeping the DB) and installed v3.1.1 (upgrading the DB).

I updated the web.config's ConfigPath and ConnectString. I updated the vault.config's ActiveDirectoryDomain.

I can successfully log into the server from the local machine and a remote machine with either the administrative or client tools, as long as I use the built-in "admin" account.

If I try to log into the server with an AD account, it returns the error "The username or password supplied is invalid."

After reviewing some posts here, I did validate that my license key still appears in the administrative tool.

I get the following in my log file:

Code: Select all

----9/21/2005 8:19:24 AM     sgvaultsystem--()--	
	System Started
	Version 3.1.1.3506
	Cache Level = 1
	DataBase Buffer Size (KB) = 256
	LogFile Path = C:\WINDOWS\Temp\sgvault
	Log Level = Debug
	Archive Log = Weekly
	ReverseDNS Lookup = True
	Maximum HTTP Request Length = 102400
	Overwrite Log on Startup = False
	Session Timeout = 4320
	Active Directory Domain = FSI
	SGVault Working Directory = C:\WINDOWS\Temp
	SGVault Server URL = https://<servername>/VaultService
	Identity = STAGE\vaultsrv 
----9/21/2005 8:19:43 AM     selkean--<machinename>(10.0.3.20)--SSL Enabled	Login failed:  FailNotValidLogin 
----9/21/2005 8:25:29 AM     admin--<machinename>(10.0.3.20)--SSL Enabled	Login
I currently have an installation that is so far along, I don't really want to roll it back, but my developers can't access the system. I know it's early out there yet, but if you could please respond ASAP, I would greatly appreciate it.

If it isn't immediately obvious what the problem may be, please give me a call so we can walk through your questions more quickly. I need to get this back up very soon, or I'll have to roll it all back.

Thank you.

Tony[/code]

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:49 am

Tony,

Email me your phone number using the button below this post.

Tony

Color me stupid.

Post by Tony » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:41 am

Short answer: When you see a "FailNotValidLogin" in your log file, it's either that the account doesn't exist or that it is set to "inactive".

Long answer: When I do an upgrade, I disable everyone's account and I don't re-enable them until (A) the upgrade is done and (B) they confirm that they have installed the matching client. This time, I forgot to re-enable my own account. That'll teach me to be "safe" in the future. :oops: