Feature request: Exclude user filter

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ismangil

Feature request: Exclude user filter

Post by ismangil » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:12 am

In Vault GUI, please have a method of excluding certain users, like -excludedusers option on the CLC.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:25 am

Can you explain more what you mean? There isn't an -excludedusers option in the CLC that I am aware of.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:28 am

Ah never mind - you probably mean -excludeusers from the history query command.

This is available in the GUI client - see the Users tab of the History dialog, where you can include/exclude users.

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:55 am

Yes, sorry, I meant -excludeusers in HISTORY command of CLC.

And what is currently in 3.1.1 Vault GUI is includeusers.

To clarify with an example: we currently have 53 active and scores of inactive users in Vault. Two of them are called build and build2, used for autobuild labeling operations so in most cases other users don't really care what it does.

Using CLC (repository options etc omitted for clarity) I can do:

Code: Select all

Vault HISTORY -excludeusers build,build2 $/some/file.cs
Nice and short.

Using GUI History Filter, I must somehow select 51+inactive users except build and build2 to get the same effect, so it's not easy at all.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:23 am

Ah - I see. I'll add this is a feature request.

One thing to note: It is still a bit of a pain, but you can use Shift Left Click to select a range of users, and then Ctrl Left click to unselect the users you don't want. However, it would be far easier to have another radio button for excluding users.

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:05 am

dan wrote:Ah - I see. I'll add this is a feature request.
8) Thanks a lot.
dan wrote: One thing to note: It is still a bit of a pain, but you can use Shift Left Click to select a range of users, and then Ctrl Left click to unselect the users you don't want. However, it would be far easier to have another radio button for excluding users.
My point exactly. It's not that it can't be done, but my fellow Vault users are a really really lazy bunch :wink:

jdavidi

Post by jdavidi » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:04 am

Hi guys,

Using v3.5.1.

I just found this post about excluding users in history searches, but I'm after the opposite--I'd like to filter out about 50 other active/inactive users (without explicitly listing them with -excludeusers) and view history from commandline for just ONE user ('build').

Is there currently a trick to getting an "include users" from the Vault command-line, akin to going to the Show History...-->User tab in the client GUI and just selecting my 'build' user? (I have this working for my SourceSafe build scripts right now with their command line's history -u build option).

Thanks!

--jdavidi

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:06 am

Sorry, the Command Line Client currently only has the option to exclude user actions.

I'll log a feature request for the ability to run a query based on a particular user's actions.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager