Bug Tracking Integration: How do I see the Bug # in Vault?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

vonwyss

Bug Tracking Integration: How do I see the Bug # in Vault?

Post by vonwyss » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:07 am

We have enabled the bug tracking integration (dragnet mode) and it works fine: when checkin in, we can select a bug to link to the checkin and the checkin then appears in the case.

However, I cannot seem to find the information (case number) in the vault history. It would be really great to be able to see the bug# in the history.

dan

Post by dan » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:22 am

By default, Vault puts the item number in the comment of the checkin, which will then appear in the comments in history. However, if you delete the comments before the actual checkin, it won't appear in the bug.

vonwyss

How do I do that?

Post by vonwyss » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:43 am

I'm not sure I get your answer: I am using the IDE client and have "comments required" active on the repository.

So I enter a bug ID in the "advanced" dialog (or select one using browse, does not matter) and then also enter a comment in the comment field (the vs.net default one in the checkins pane) and commit.

Where exactly does the bug id appear?

Regards,

Leo

dan

Post by dan » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:04 am

Ah, you are using the IDE client. It currently doesn't auto-fill the item comment when you select a bug (like the GUI client does), but this is due in Vault 3.1.3, which should be out early next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience...