a wish for the next version: default profile and relogin

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

matzen

a wish for the next version: default profile and relogin

Post by matzen » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:58 am

Hi,

I know, there's a check box to make a profile my default profile, but in my case it simply doesn't work. I'm working with vb6, vs2003 and vs2005; all with IDE integration and with the client. Many times I have to select my profile again and again. The problem is that because of my slow machine I go to get a coffee when I start a huge project in vb6 - and when I'm back the project is not loaded but I have to select my profile (not just with vb6 but also with the client, vs2003 mostly works ok).

The second thing is loosing my session. When I let the IDE or the Client run over night, the next morning I select some files of the "pending change set" and try to "commit". In this case it simply shows me a box that I have to relogin because the session has been timed out. Well ... I've set a default profile while opening that session ... why does the client not login automatically?

CU,
Sven

dan

Re: a wish for the next version: default profile and relogin

Post by dan » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:16 pm

matzen wrote:Hi,

I know, there's a check box to make a profile my default profile, but in my case it simply doesn't work. I'm working with vb6, vs2003 and vs2005; all with IDE integration and with the client. Many times I have to select my profile again and again. The problem is that because of my slow machine I go to get a coffee when I start a huge project in vb6 - and when I'm back the project is not loaded but I have to select my profile (not just with vb6 but also with the client, vs2003 mostly works ok).
You might try manually editing the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file (see http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2474) for every project in the solution and making sure that it contains the right profile. Vault 3.0 started automatically logging into the IDE if you specify a profile, but sometimes the profile doesn't get saved correctly in VB6.

Also, sometimes the .vssscc file caches old info, so you may want to unbind and rebind the project/solution, and make sure the .vssscc file is updated and checked in.

The second thing is loosing my session. When I let the IDE or the Client run over night, the next morning I select some files of the "pending change set" and try to "commit". In this case it simply shows me a box that I have to relogin because the session has been timed out. Well ... I've set a default profile while opening that session ... why does the client not login automatically?
An autologin would defeat the purpose of server session timeouts, so the user has to explicitly login again to gain access after a timeout.

matzen

Post by matzen » Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:08 am

An autologin would defeat the purpose of server session timeouts, so the user has to explicitly login again to gain access after a timeout.
It's ok to be forced to authenticate again, but then I would like to have the action that I did request to be processed after the authentication. When I right click a bunch of files, try to check out and need to authenticate again, I would expect the GUI to check out the files if my credentials are ok - is that possible to implement?

dan

Post by dan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:47 am

It would take some work, but is a quite reasonable request. I'll add your vote if it is already there, or add a new one if not.