Automatic "Get Latest Version"

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

tomt84

Automatic "Get Latest Version"

Post by tomt84 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:53 am

Hi

We use a development model where each developer debugs VS.NET 2005 web applications on their local IIS (xp pro) installation.

"Milestone" versions are placed on the main Win2003 machine for testing. At the moment, we do this manually from the Vault client on the 2003 box by using the "Get Latest Version" function whenever we have a new version. This goes straight into a wwwroot folder on the development IIS box.

Ideally I'd like to set this up to happen automatically at, say, midnight every day.

Can this be done? I'd be happy to be able to do this from the command line, so I can then just set up task scheduler to do this for us.

Cheers!

Tom
Tom Fanning

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:36 am

You could create a script or .bat file that evokes the Vault Command Line Client and have the task scheduler run it at midnight each day. The Vault Command Line Client is included with the Vault GUI Client installation. For information on commands, cd to the Vault Client directory and type "Vault help," or "Vault helphtml" for an html version if you have Vault 3.1.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

tomt84

Post by tomt84 » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:06 am

Thanks, works great. Just needed prodding in the right direction.

For reference, this is the command line we used.

"c:\program files\sourcegear\vault client\vault.exe" GET -host sbs-server.edgebytecomputersltd.local -user <usr> -password <pwd> -repository LawbyteDotNet_2_1 -destpath C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\lawbytedotnet_21 -merge overwrite -performdeletions removeworkingcopyifunmodified $/lawbytedotnet
Tom Fanning