FailInvalidLabelObjID

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

mlippert

FailInvalidLabelObjID

Post by mlippert » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:15 pm

Code: Select all

----2/10/2006 9:58:16 AM     RelEng--southwind.widget.com(xxx.xx.x.xx)--SSL Disabled	VaultLib.VaultRequestGetFile returned: FailInvalidLabelObjID
... (many of the above lines)
----2/10/2006 9:58:16 AM     RelEng--southwind.widget.com(xxx.xx.x.xx)--SSL Disabled	BeginDownloadLabelFiles returned: FailDBLookup 
Our release engineer has been having trouble getting our source from Vault. He's reported
[2/10/2006 11:24:23 AM] An exception was encountered during the get latest operation. Exception: The Vault server could not be contacted to perform the operation. Your network connection to the server may have been interrupted. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
I told him it looked like a network error, but I decided to check out the Vault Server log anyway, and found a whole bunch of the above errors, that don't sound like a network problem to me.

So do we have a problem with our database?

Mike

ps the beginning of the request looked like:

Code: Select all

----2/10/2006 9:58:07 AM     RelEng--southwind.widget.com(xxx.xx.x.xx)--SSL Disabled	DeleteLabel returned: Success 
----2/10/2006 9:58:08 AM     RelEng--southwind.widget.com(xxx.xx.x.xx)--SSL Disabled	EndLabelQuery returned: Success 
----2/10/2006 9:58:08 AM     RelEng--southwind.widget.com(xxx.xx.x.xx)--SSL Disabled	TreeManager: cache matches repository revision and folder security hasn't changed.  Returning cached tree, revID 146739 
----2/10/2006 9:58:09 AM     RelEng--southwind.widget.com(xxx.xx.x.xx)--SSL Disabled	BeginLabelQuery returned: Success 
----2/10/2006 9:58:09 AM     RelEng--southwind.widget.com(xxx.xx.x.xx)--SSL Disabled	GetLabelQueryItems returned: Success 
----2/10/2006 9:58:09 AM     RelEng--southwind.widget.com(xxx.xx.x.xx)--SSL Disabled	GetLabelQueryItems returned: Success 
----2/10/2006 9:58:15 AM     RelEng--southwind.widget.com(xxx.xx.x.xx)--SSL Disabled	VaultLib.VaultRequestGetFile returned: SuccessRequireFileDownload 
... (many of the above lines until the error lines above)

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:33 pm

Vault is having a problem getting the label, but it's probably not a database issue.

How is the user getting the label? From the command line client? GUI Client "Show Labels" window?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:54 pm

Linda,
I'm fairly sure that he's using a script that uses the commandline client. I'm going to tell him to post a reply here.

Mike

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:01 pm

The first thing to check is whether the label was actually applied to the item he's trying to get. It might have been applied to a different folder, for instance.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:57 pm

Posting for Art while we try to find our current gold subscription code for his account.

I laid the label down via a perl script which call a vault command line. It seemed to operate completely normally and without error ... and it the exact process I've been using for days. When trying to get from that label I tried both via a command line call but all from the UI ,,, in the UI I did show label then selected the label and tried to do a recursive get.

-Art

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:11 pm

So the get by label didn't work from the CLC nor from the GUI Client?

The next step would be to close any clients on that client machine and delete the client side cache files:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:16 pm

Thanks Linda,
I'll tell Art. I expect that we won't get back to this until Monday, at which time I hope that I'll have figured out what one of our Gold Subscription license numbers are (I only know the expired numbers) so that Art can enable his account for this forum and continue this directly.

Mike

FrankArthorDrake

Clearing the Cache worked

Post by FrankArthorDrake » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:48 am

Thanks Linda, clearing the chache seemed to do the trick!

-Arthor
Arthor - Mathsoft Release Engineer

FrankArthorDrake

Spoke too soon ... still not able to get bank from a label

Post by FrankArthorDrake » Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:11 am

After deleting my cache I did a get from a label via the UI and while it appeared to work (no errors reported) it did not retrieve some files. Note the following:

- there is no working directory set, I selected the target directory only for the get operation.

- the target directory was pre-existing from earlier attempts that had yielded the errors reported here.

- the failures have been both via the UI and the command line.

So ... I just now deleted every from the target directory and tried to get from a label (show label, select label, get recursive). It failed with this:

[2/13/2006 9:12:43 AM] Getting latest version of Trunk
[2/13/2006 9:43:28 AM] An exception was encountered during the get latest operation. Exception: The Vault server could not be contacted to perform the operation. Your network connection to the server may have been interrupted. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.

I'm going to try this all again (delete cache and do a get to a clean directory). Will also do this and try it from the command line (as perhaps I'll get a more detail error message that way).

-Art

FrankArthorDrake

more details

Post by FrankArthorDrake » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:26 pm

Ok - I ran a lot of tests:

I can get lastest (via UI). I can get from a label if I am accessing a sub directory in vault.

I still cannot get from a label from the top of my trunk. (Boy, that sounds funny, eh?)

Here's the error from a command line attempt:

F:\BUILDS\build_scripts> vault.exe GETLABEL -merge overwrite -destpath f:\BUILDS\Trunk\ "$/MathcadClient/Trunk" BUILD_20060213-1128AM
<vault>
<!-- An exception was encountered during the get latest operation. Exception: The Vault server could not be contacted to perform the
operation. Your network connection to the server may have been interrupted. Please verify your network settings using the Options dia
log under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client.The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. -->
<error>
Exception of type VaultClientOperationsLib.GetLatestVersionFailedException was thrown.
</error>
<exception>
VaultClientOperationsLib.GetLatestVersionFailedException: Exception of type VaultClientOperationsLib.GetLatestVersionFailedException wa
s thrown.
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.ProcessGetFileRequests(GetFileInfo[] infos, MakeWritableType makeWritable, SetFileTimeTyp
e setFileTime, MergeType merge, Boolean updateHiddenFilesOnly, String ancestorFullPath, Boolean flat, String ancestorDiskPath, Overwrit
ePrompt PromptData, Boolean isLabelGet, String currentPathToLabelItem, Int64 labelID, Boolean isRetry, Boolean isGetByDisplayVersion)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.GetByLabelToNonWorkingFolder_GetData(VaultClientFile[] files, Boolean overwrite, MakeWrit
ableType makeWritable, SetFileTimeType setFileTime, String ancestorFullPath, String ancestorDiskPath, OverwritePrompt PromptData, Int64
labelID, String currentPathToLabelItem, String labelSubItemPath, Boolean isLabelGetForSingleFile)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.GetByLabelToNonWorkingFolder_GetData(VaultClientFolder folder, Boolean recursive, Boolean
overwrite, MakeWritableType makeWritable, SetFileTimeType setFileTime, String destinationDiskPath, OverwritePrompt PromptData, Int64 l
abelID, String currentPathToLabelItem, String labelSubItemPath)
at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommandGetLabel(String reposItem, String label, String labelSubItem)
at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.ProcessCommand(Args curArg)
at VaultCmdLineClient.VaultCmdLineClient.Main(String[] args)
</exception>
<result success="no" />
</vault>

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:53 pm

This looks network-related. Something is closing the connection. You can test this by trying to get the label from a client on the server machine using "localhost" for the server name.

To troubleshoot - is there something between the client and server that could be closing the connection or interfereing with file transfer? Look at anti-virus, firewall, or proxy configuration. Certain types of file extensions can be blocked, for instance.

Check the Vault server log to see if the Vault server has restarted during the operation, thus closing the connection.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:00 pm

What's odd about this though is that it works fine getting a branch of the trunk. Art runs almost the same exact script to build various branches.

FYI our server is 3.1.6 and I think Art just updated his client to 3.1.7.

Could he turn on any client side logging that would be helpful?

Mike

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:46 pm

On further review, this could be a server-side problem, with the client giving a somewhat generic error message. Could you enable debug logging for the Vault server, run the label command again, and then post the log that covers the time of the errors?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

mlippert

Post by mlippert » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:32 pm

Debug logging on the server is on. That's what provided the errors I listed in the 1st msg in this topic.

Art's gone for the day, I will get together with him and do it again in the morning.

Mike

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:21 pm

Mike:

I talked to Linda about this. I believe the client side caching issue caused the first problem, but the second problem might have a different server side log entry - SQL Timeout perhaps?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear