Vault Error

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ZackJones

Vault Error

Post by ZackJones » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:04 am

Server & Client versions are 3.1.8.3771.

Attached are a couple of screen captures from an Error I received this morning. The first error shows a dialog that popped up when opening VS.Net 2003. Prior to using VS.Net 2003 I had been working in VS.Net 2005.

As luck would have it I had the Vault Client opened at the same time looking at the same project and I noticed that the client couldn't determine the proper working folder which should have been c:\inetpub\wwwroot\dmatsde

I don't know if the two are related but figured I'd point it out anyway. Once I set the proper working folder in the vault client things seem to have started working properly.

If there's any other info you want/need let me know - I'd be happy to provide it.
Attachments
vaulterror1.png
Error Dialog
vaulterror1.png (5.81 KiB) Viewed 3399 times
vaulterror2.png
Vault Client Screen
vaulterror2.png (16.82 KiB) Viewed 3399 times

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:37 am

Hmm, 30 views and not a single reply. I guess I'm the only one that's ever had this problem. Fortunately it seems to have been a one time thing. Vault worked just fine for me all day yesterday.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:21 am

I guess I'm the only one that's ever had this problem
We had one other report from a Visual Studio user of an issue with working folders not set in the GUI Client. It was not reproducible and I'm not sure if it was the same problem you were seeing.

Working folders set in the IDE should carry over to the GUI Client. If you run into this again, let us know the steps leading up to the problem and we'll try to reproduce it.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:57 am

Hi Linda,

I run into the client losing track of the working folder fairly often. I've never paid too much attention to it happening, but I'll see if I can determine any sort of pattern for it happening.