Command line client gets folders not part of label

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

kasti

Command line client gets folders not part of label

Post by kasti » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:43 am

Hi,

Using vault 3.1.8: The command line client getlabel command returns folders which have not been part of a label.

e.g. structure:

ProjectA
- SubcomponentB

Project A has got a label "release 1" which was created before SubcomponentB existed.

Now, from the CLC, the following will return SubcomponentB:

vault getlabel -host vault -repository repo -user xxxx -password yyyy -destpath c:\destpath "$/ProjectA/SubcomponentB" "release 1"

Thanks,
Herbert.

dan

Post by dan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:56 am

I just tried a simple test with those conditions, and I got a "could not find label" error, so there must be other conditions that are causing this to happen.

Is this a problem in the GUI client as well? If you do a show labels on $/ProjectA/SubcomponentB does the label show up? If you do a View Label in the Show Labels dialog on $/ProjectA on "release 1", does SubcomponentB show up?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:57 am

Was the label ever promoted?

If you get the label from the Vault GUI Client, do you get the same results?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

kasti

Post by kasti » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:35 am

Hi,

1. There is no problem in the GUI client. Doing a recursive get of "release 1" on ProjectA will not return SubcomponentB

2. We do not use label promotion. A GUIclient show label on subcomponentB does not return "release 1". Also a view label on show label of ProjectA does not show subcomponentB.

Ok, I will try and reproduce this problem with a new project to find out what the difference is.

Thanks,
Herbert.