VS2003 still pops up warning on unbound solution

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tri

VS2003 still pops up warning on unbound solution

Post by Tri » Fri May 12, 2006 2:18 pm

Hi,

I have unbound a solution but still get this message when the solution is opnened in VS2003:

Code: Select all

The solution appears to be under source control, but its binding information cannot be found. It is possible that the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file or another item that holds the source control settings for the solution, has been deleted. Because it is not possible to recover this missing information automatically, the projects whose bindings are missing will be treated as not under source control.
Is there any way to get rid of this message?

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Fri May 12, 2006 2:52 pm

Hello,

I am going to need to get some additional information from you. How did you attempt to unbind the solution from source control?

How are you opening the project?

Thanks,

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear

Tri

Post by Tri » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:41 pm

Is it OK to unbind a VS2003.NET solution manually by:

1. Delete all the MSSCCPRJ.SCC files
2. Delete all the *.vssscc and *.vspscc files

This was what I did and the error message above always pops up. When I attempt to go to Change Source Control, the Unbind button is grayed out.

BTW, if I unbind a solution properly via VS2003.NET, would the change be local? (other developers still can open the solution with SC integration).

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:50 pm

Yes, the change is local to your machine. I would recommend using the unbind dialog rather than deleting files.

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:43 am

What you're missing is the contents of the solution/project files. Delete any lines containing "SAK" from your solution and project files. Note that there are some project types that don't store this data in plain text, but it does work for most of them.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear