Vault Error

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ZackJones

Vault Error

Post by ZackJones » Mon May 15, 2006 4:54 am

Not sure what caused it but since your help feature in Vault didn't have any information for this error I figured I'd better report it. See attached screen shot. After dismissing the dialog the log in dialog popped up and I was able to log in just fine.

Client and server are 3.18.
Attachments
VaultError.png
VaultError.png (5.77 KiB) Viewed 4016 times

dan

Post by dan » Mon May 15, 2006 8:14 am

Was this after an upgrade or some other configuration change on the machine?

And, does it happen everytime you login, or just that one time?

Check the server log for the server you are logging into and see whether it has a more useful message.

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Mon May 15, 2006 1:29 pm

Hi Dan,

We haven't changed anything on the Vault Server recently, nor have I changed anything on my client setup. Today is the first time I've ever seen this error and from the server logs it looks like a SQL Exception was thrown for some reason. Below is the extract from the server log for your viewing pleasure - I guess SQL Server was having a case of the Monday's :)

----5/15/2006 6:46:15 AM zjones--wrb3.arinc.com(00.000.000.000)--SSL Disabled System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Transaction (Process ID 54) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlSystem.LoginUser(VaultSqlConn conn, String strLogin, String strDbHashPwd, Guid& gSession) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at VaultServiceSQL.VaultSqlSystem.LoginUser(VaultSqlConn conn, String strLogin, String strDbHashPwd, Guid& gSession)

dan

Post by dan » Mon May 15, 2006 2:27 pm

It looks like a SQL Server hiccup. Hopefully it won't be an issue again.