Mono 1.2 and VaultGui.exe on OS X and Linux

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

breiter

Mono 1.2 and VaultGui.exe on OS X and Linux

Post by breiter » Fri May 19, 2006 2:51 pm

I was reading this morning that WinForms support is close to completion in Mono.

http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2006/May-19.html

My understanding is that Mono 1.2 will ship with WinForms support. I would really like to see VaultGui.exe running on Mac OS X and *NIX under Mono. In fact just this week I had to orient two new team members to using Vualt that are Mac-heads. Neither are the type that are inclined to work with a command-line but nevertheless need to work with the Vault repository. Both are shuttling back and forth to an ancillary XP box to check things in and out of Vault.

It's a less than ideal situation which is error-prone. One of the issues is that the Mac seems to ignore the read-only attributes on files on the shared server environment, which makes it very easy to have renegades.

I know that Sourcegear worked with Ximian a while back to get vault.exe to run in Mono. I hope that you will be able to work with them again to get VaultGui.exe to run as well.

Thanks for your consideration.

Brian A. Reiter
WolfeReiter, LLC : Thoughtful Computing
http://www.thoughtfulcomputing.com

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon May 22, 2006 9:06 am

Interesting . . .

We'll certainly take a look at this, though I can't say when or if we might implement a GUI client on non-Windows systems.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

AustinW

Re: Mono 1.2 and VaultGui.exe on OS X and Linux

Post by AustinW » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:04 pm

This is a great idea. I also would love to see a vault client gui for mac os x
I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down