-destpath

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jadams

-destpath

Post by Jadams » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:28 am

Hi there,

quick question. Totally new the Vault program (more experienced with CVS)

Anyways, am creating a script and part of this is to do checkouts.
Now I can use the command line tool and it works all fine and well.
However, I may want to have multiple instances running of this script (with different parameters) however, the WorkingFolder would want all GETLATEST code to go to the same folder.

I came accross the destpath option by accident, and just curious if, when I specify this, it will override the working folder and place the fectched files in another named directory.

Thanks in advance,

J./

dan

Post by dan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:39 am

destpath is used to put files into a non working folder, meaning the state of the files will be unknown after the Get, because state is only determined when using a working folder.

Using destpath to go to a working folder won't produce the results that you probably want, since it won't update the state of the files. Use destpath if you just want the files to get retrieved somewhere else without wanting to keep them up to date.

Also, you should not be doing Get Latests from different repository folders to the same working folder, as the state files will get into an inconsistent state and cause all sorts of problems. Not sure if you are doing this or not, but thought I'd mention it.

Jadams

Post by Jadams » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:42 am

basically I am running automatic builds.

at present, I get the code, do the build, move the exes and then delete the source ready to restart at the next run.

if I just wanted to get the files from the repository as is could destpath be used?

dan

Post by dan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:52 am

Yes, destpath is exactly what you want, since you don't need the state of the files for later. It should run a little faster than a working folder get as well.