Churn report

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Michael_Dorfman

Churn report

Post by Michael_Dorfman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:26 am

I was thinking that it would be nice to take a look at a listing that contained the names of all of the code files within a project and their associated version numbers. If I sorted by version number descending, I'd have a good idea of which chunks of code have the highest churn rate, and analyze further.

Now, I'm guessing that this is a trivial report to pull from the Vault, but I haven't been able to find it.

Any hints? (I'm willing to write a query against the database, if you'll point me to the right columns, but I can't believe I'm the only one looking for something like this...)

ZackJones

Post by ZackJones » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:54 am

Something I do in the Vault client is to sort by version in descending order. That puts the most revised files at the top of the list.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 am

A quick way to do this would be with a History query. Filter actions to just include checkins. Save the results as a .csv or .txt file and then use a spreadsheet app to sort.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Michael_Dorfman

Post by Michael_Dorfman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:56 am

Thanks!

One question, though--the history report gives me all check-ins, so if I am on version 120 of a file, I get that file 120 times in the report. What I'd like to see is one row per file, with the highest version number.

Is there some setting I am missing?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:01 am

That's pretty much what's available from the History query.

You'd need to query the database for something more specific. I'll get you more information on this.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager