Feature request: restrict users ability to apply labels

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jtaylor

Feature request: restrict users ability to apply labels

Post by jtaylor » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:18 pm

At my company we apply version labels at the trunk of our tree when big releases or milestones happen. There are only a few users who are supposed to be involved with setting up these labels. Unfortunately, we from time to time have users who want to use the labelling feature for their own purposes and apply "misguided" labels.

Aside from the obvious "user-education" aspects which are mine to deal with, it would be nice to be able to prevent groups of users from applying labels at all, and/or prevent this at certain points in the tree. Or is there a way to do this already?

Thanks
Jason Taylor

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:59 pm

Currently that is not something that can be changed in security.
I will add that as a feature request.

ismangil

Re: Feature request: restrict users ability to apply labels

Post by ismangil » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:07 am

jtaylor wrote:Unfortunately, we from time to time have users who want to use the labelling feature for their own purposes and apply "misguided" labels.
Beth, add my vote for this feature.

Jason, just curious though, it's not exactly technically harmful is it to have occasional misguided labels?

jtaylor

Post by jtaylor » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:26 pm

ismangil - you're right, the labels can be deleted and I haven't encountered any problems doing so yet. I'd love not to have to clean up after people, though :wink:

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:40 am

jtaylor wrote:ismangil - you're right, the labels can be deleted and I haven't encountered any problems doing so yet. I'd love not to have to clean up after people, though :wink:
Ah, hate cleaning up -- that's an entirely different matter of course, have to agree 100% there!
Perry Ismangil