Refresh view on Obliterate tab

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jnapier

Refresh view on Obliterate tab

Post by jnapier » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:09 pm

We have obliterated some folders from our Vault database. These obliterations were done by another user. When I go to the obliterate tab in the admin app, I still see the folders that were obliterated. When I click on one of the folders that was obliterated, an error box with this message:

1206 : FailObjPathInvalid

I have deleted the cache folders on my system that are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\SourceGear and re-opened the admin app. The folders are still there and I have the same problem. Is there a way to refresh the tree? Is there other cache files that I need to delete?

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:42 am

If you look up the history for that file, does it list the obliterate? Only Admin can obliterate, so maybe that user only deleted it?

Was the folder a branch? Any item that has been branched cannot be obliterated until its branches are obliterated.

Was the folder shared at all? Could it be a share you are seeing?

jnapier

Post by jnapier » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:06 am

I'm not sure if you are understanding me here. The folder was obliterated. If I look at the tree on the obliterate tab with the other admins profile then the folder is gone. If I look at the tree with my profile then the folder is still there.

If I click on the folder I get the error that I listed in the post that started this thread.

1206 : FailObjPathInvalid

So the question is, why is my view of the tree on the obliterate tab still showing obliterated folders? How can I refresh this view? How can I delete the cache? Please re-read the first post because I provided all this information there. Please remember that I have already deleted the cache files in the Application data folder.

Thanks,
Jesse

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:14 pm

I ran a test with the current version of Vault to make sure there wasn't a bug. Are you using an older version of Vault, and, if so, what version?

The KB article we have on clearing the cache is here: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6
When clearing the cache, you should just be able to remove the Admin folder under Vault_1 and the Admin tool will rebuild it.

jnapier

Post by jnapier » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:17 pm

Im using the latest version of Vault. I have already cleared out the cache according to that document.

This is crazy then. I have 2 admins that can log into the same vault server with the admin tool and they have completely different views. Sounds like a serious bug to me.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:54 pm

I think just some small detail is missing here. I will need to be able to replicate this. To do that I will need even the minor details. If you are both logging onto the same computer, then your cache are under different user profiles, but I can't tell from this. Can you detail out for me the step by step actions that were taken? (Such as User 1 logged into system1 as user1, then logged into the Admin tool as Admin, etc.)

Also, have you opened an Admin tool from a different machine to see if that was showing the obliterated folders?

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:15 pm

Just an FYI, we currently have your database for a different issue your company has been having, and one of our developers is working on it. I don't know if this is related or not, but just to let you know there are other issues going on. If you provide the details I asked for, I will continue testing.

jnapier

Post by jnapier » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:35 pm

I know that you have my database related to the Import/Export problem. I was told by another tech that you guys were going to need a few weeks to resolve the problems. Its already been a few weeks so by the time we have a potential fix it is going to be over a month on this problem. I have a client that is breathing down my neck so we are trying another strategy of obliterating everything except the stuff that we need to export to them.

Im not to fond of this, but I dont have any alternatives at the moment.

I am just going to wipe out this test database and start fresh again. I'll contact you again through this post if we still have problems.

Thanks.