Shadow Folder stopped working after creating a new IIS app

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

aconran

Shadow Folder stopped working after creating a new IIS app

Post by aconran » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:41 pm

We have been using vault for a long time now sucessfully with shadow folders. The setup we are using is we have 3 repositories which shadow to 3 different IIS6 sites.
SiteA -> D:\Inetpub\wwwroot
SiteB -> E:\Inetpub\wwwroot
SiteC -> F:\Inetpub\wwwroot

We develop in ColdFusion and have not had this problem with vault before.

However, we needed to deploy a new App on SiteC written in C# ASP.Net. We added the files into vault and from there created a new application pool named DocPool. I then went to to the directory in SiteC containing the application, right clicked, went to properties and hit Create, changed the Application pool to the new "DocPool" and changed Execute Permissions to Scripts Only.

Since I have done this shadow folders have stopped working on SiteC only. I have tried to remove the ASP.Net app settings, restart IIS and even reboot the server, none of which has helped the situation. I always tried going in through the Vault Admin tool and removing the shadow folder and adding it again. Any suggestions on how to get Shadow Folders back up and running?

Thanks,
Aaron Conran

P.S. Vault version:
[10/9/2006 11:19:45 AM] Version Check: This Vault client is version 3.1.5.3546
[10/9/2006 11:19:45 AM] Version Check: Your Vault server is version 3.1.5.3546
Attachments
vaultshadowfolderservice.txt
I have attached C:\windows\temp\sgshadowfolder\vaultshadowfolderservice.txt

WebService is the name of the IIS SiteC and these errors started occurring the same time we did the above changes...
(5.1 KiB) Downloaded 437 times

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:16 pm

You may wish to check out this thread. This user had the same error: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=6020

This user was shadowing to a folder with pre-existing files, which the Shadow Folder service can't update.

If that doesn't cover it, then:
Are you on a domain and using a domain account by any chance?
Were the ASP.NET permissions the same for the new folder?

aconran

Fixed

Post by aconran » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:34 am

Thanks Beth, that fixed it.

I zipped up all existing files in the F:\Inetpub\wwwroot, saved them on my desktop and then deleted them all from the webroot. Next I made a change in vault and all my changes were replicated out.