Daylight Savings Time Bug?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

dking513

Daylight Savings Time Bug?

Post by dking513 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:31 am

Hello,
I have a custom application that uses the Vault API.
I am running version 3.1.2 for both client and server.
I believe I am witnessing a difference between how time conversions from GMT to local time are performed for history queries vs. file gets. I'll try my best to explain as clearly as I can.

Here is what I am trying to achieve:
1. I want to Get a specific version of a file and have the timestamp of the version I got to match the transaction timestamp for that version in the history.

Here is what I am observing:
1. I perform a history query on a file using the VaultLib.VaultHistoryQueryRequest object. I find the version I am interested in and I see the timestamp in the .txdate property. Let's say that the .txDate is 5pm

2. To perform the Get I first find the file I am interested in and get a VaultClientFile object by taking a Clone of this file. Then I set the .Version and .ObjVersionID properties of the clone to have it point to the version I am interested in. Then I set the .txDate property to the .txDate from my history query (5pm).

3. I perform the Get passing the clone VaultClientFile object. This gets the correct version of the file, but the timestamp says 4pm NOT 5pm.

4. This problem only started happening yesteraday after the DST time change.

5. WORKAROUND: If I change my system clock timezone options to uncheck the "automatically adjust clock for daylight savings time changes" and resart my vault client, then the problem is resolved and the timestamps match.

I have not tried to duplicate this behavior from the Vault Client GUI. I am not sure how the GUI handles timestamps when you get a prior version. I do not think it updates the date with the date of the prior version. When I was first attempting to do this with my custom app, I had to get some help from you guys to do so. The setting of the .txDate on the file clone object was a suggestion from SourceGear.

I thought I would bring this to your attention. You have now released versions far beyond 3.1.2 which may have addressed it, but this might still be lurking around.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:39 pm

I'm going to try and recreate the scenario you described and will have more information then.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:16 pm

I haven't been able to make this occur yet. Please try with the GUI and see if you get the same results. If you do, please detail for me what steps were taken.