Reintstall after Uninstall ... doesn't

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

HankFay

Reintstall after Uninstall ... doesn't

Post by HankFay » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:00 pm

I had to uninstall Vault (and II6) and then reinstall recently. When I reinstalled Vault, it didn't do anything with II6, in terms of creating a pool, etc. So, nothing happens.

I've twice tried calling the Support line, figuring this was one of those "well, is there a this, there?", but no joy, so here we go...

HankFay

So I got this far, but now dreaded error 1713...

Post by HankFay » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:08 pm

needed component won't install.

Steps taken:

a) uninstalled Vault Server
b) reinstalled 3.5.1 (figured I'd get that working before upgrading)
c) got error noted above (over and over again)

After killing stuff (including out out-of-control msiexec process run by System), I noticed that an app pool had been reinstalled.

Also observed: serverInstall.html can be browsed, but VaultService.asmx "cannot be found" (404).

OK, I got us this far: take me the rest of the way. <g>

HankFay

What worked to fix it...

Post by HankFay » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:29 am

a) after reading various posts here, ran the aspnet_iisregis -i per the MS KB. This got me past the IIS issue.

b) reinstalled Vault from the "Click here for support information" dialog in Add/Remove programs. Doing it from the normal Change dialog using the Repair option did not fix it, but doing it from this other location runs a complete reinstall, and that fixed it.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:40 am

Let us know if you continue to experience problems. If you can't immediately get through to us via phone, leave a voicemail message or send an email to support at sourcegear.com. We usually respond same business day.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager