Entering New License Numbers

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

TLEGRANT

Entering New License Numbers

Post by TLEGRANT » Thu May 24, 2007 6:41 am

Hi Linda, ASAP New Hires

I am currently on SourceGear version 3.19x and upgrading to 3.52 tomorrow. There are 15 Users currently working today on v3.19. If I add the addition (10) Gold Licenses for version 3.52 and install the client to the new (10) Users not changing the server until tomorrow, with the understanding they wont connect, can I leave the Old license numbers present. Which currently display in the Admin Tool under Licenses. Or do I have to remove the 3.19x version licenses before adding the new Gold Licenses. How long can the old numbers stay?

Todd (703)499.6002

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu May 24, 2007 8:28 am

I'm a little confused -- will you have 25 users total, once you upgrade?

Then you need 25 licenses for Vault 3.5.2. If you have more users than licenses, no one can log in, unless you deactivate some users.

Gold licenses are not Vault server licenses. A Vault Gold license allows you to upgrade an older license to the new version. So you first need to use this link to upgrade your 3.1.9 licenses to 3.5.2:
https://store.sourcegear.com/sgstore/va ... grade.aspx

Licenses are stored in the database, so after the upgrade, your 3.1.9 licenses will still be there, but they are not used by Vault 3.5.2.

If you have new users for Vault, you may need to buy new Vault licenses in addition to your Gold licenses.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager